Years Climbing: 9
‘Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.'
- Charlie Chaplin
- • 7th Lead World Cup - Edinburgh 2017
- • 13th Boulder World Cup - Munich 2017
- • 2nd British Bouldering Championships 2017
- • 1st British Lead Championships 2017
• 1st Junior British Bouldering Championships (2017, 2016)
- • 6th Lead Youth World Championships - Innsbruck 2017
- • 10th Boulder Youth World Championships - Innsbruck 2017
- • 4th Boulder European Youth Cup - Soure, Portugal 2017
- • 6th European Youth Cup 2014
Hannah Slaney describes herself as a fairly normal kid who loves to climb, although Hannah recently places 13th in the Bouldering World Cup in Munich. Hannah also likes to dabble in the outdoors, her favourite crag being Brean Down. Although she finds it hard to find the time between sixth form and her climbing training.
How did you get into climbing?
I went to a birthday party when I was 8 in a church converted into a climbing wall. The instructor said I was a natural!
What is it you love most about climbing?
I love the sense of achievement reaching the top of a route and the amazing people I've met along the way.
What's your ape index?
Plus two inches!
What do you do when your not climbing?
Running, surfing but most likely doing my art coursework
Best place you've climbed?
Why do you love 3rd rock?
They're the most comfortable and flexible clothes I've found. Plus it's always nice to wear something colourful!
Favourite 3rd rock item?
The EVE long sleeved top.
If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
A tiger because they're fearless and the wild sounds fun. They can climb too, right?
Whats your weirdest talent?
Not sure about talent but many people tell me my laugh is so deep I sound like a man!
Treehouse or cave house?
Cheese or wine?
Falafel or humous?
Goal for 2017?
Climb 8a, make a final of a European and to have fun!