An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the creative team at 3RD ROCK as Product Developer. Be a key player in developing functional and fashionable 3RD ROCK products at a quality, and level, which pleases both the brand, producers and the 3RD ROCK community.
Sitting with the design and production departments, a design/development background within a fashion and clothing environment is required. The Product Developer will be involved in developing seasonal collections from design concept through to prototypes. Often this will involve trips overseas for sourcing and communicating new products with suppliers, whether it is for womenswear, menswear or accessories. The role involves planning, developing and presenting performance-focused products for this specific market.
This role requires high versatility and varied skills, from understanding garment construction, drafting 1st patterns, sewing prototypes, producing detailed tech packs, sourcing trims and fabrics and communicating with suppliers, analysing costs, liaising with factories and following the complete development of products from initial drawings to final salesman samples. This role will also involve travelling to offshore factories to follow progress and check production.
To become a 3RD ROCK Product Developer you will need a good understanding of the design process involved within the clothing industry, consumer spending, target market, and the impact of textiles and clothing on the environment and its inhabitants.
Essential Experience, skills and person specifications:
- Excellent understanding of product development and production.
- Technical knowledge of garment construction and garment fitting of both Men’s and women's athletic apparel.
- Ideally have at least at least 2 - 4 years’ experience in a similar role in the industry.
- Pattern cutting - ability to draft paper patterns (essential)
- Interpret patterns and prototypes into detailed size charts
- Good sewing skills and ability to sew prototypes in house (essential)
- Knowledge of size/fit/grading of apparel and industry standards.
- Highly competent IT skills (Excel, Word). A knowledge of Illustrator.
- Ability to create accurate tech packs and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of specification management, product costing,
- Ability to define problems, propose alternative garment execution, to fully optimize garment targets of design, quality and price.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving and address issues in a timely manner
- Successful project management skills and knowledge of the product cycle and product development timelines.
- A team player that will drive processes with other team members.
- Accountability and ownership of issues and follow through in precise detail
- Detail oriented with strong written and oral communication,
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to travel abroad for short periods
Be a part of something new and exciting! 3RD ROCK is fast growing and we are highly ambitious!
Enjoy a relaxed and casual working environment alongside great benefits for the right applicant:
- 28 days holiday
- 6% pension contribution
- Casual environment
- Gym/Fitness allowance
- Generous wardrobe allowance
- Staff days out
We are looking for a Product Developer who is a team player with a positive, “can do” attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit. You are an organised, passionate, self-starter who shows initiative.